NAHMA HUD Update: HUD Webinar on Disaster Planning for Multifamily
The Department of Housing and Urban Development, Enterprise Community Partners, Fannie Mae, and Bellwether Enterprise will be hosting a webinar on December 10 at 1:30-3:00 PM (Eastern) titled, Ready to Respond: Disaster Planning for Multifamily Affordable Housing Organizations. You may register for the webinar here. Affordable housing organizations face unique challenges during emergency events. The webinar will focus on how having an effective, well-coordinated plan in place before disaster strikes can make all the difference in the recovery for Multifamily buildings, partner agencies, and the safety of tenants. Speakers include:
- Priscilla Almodovar, Chief Executive Officer, Enterprise Community Partners
- Renee Glover, Board of Directors, Fannie Mae, Board of Trustees, Enterprise Community Partners, Inc., Founder, The Catylist Group
- Janet Golrick, National Disaster Coordinator, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Jeffery Hayward, Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer, Fannie Mae
- Laurie Schoeman, National Director, Resilience and Recovery, Enterprise Community PartnersAdditionally, you may be interested in the Ready to Respond: Business Continuity Toolkit , created by Enterprise Community Partners, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Fannie Mae, and Bellwether Enterprise. The toolkit equips multifamily affordable building owners & managers with a plan to address crisis as many housing communities confront risks associated with natural disasters and other risks that affect tenants and business resiliency, such as COVID-19. Please join senior leadership from Enterprise, HUD, and Fannie Mae as they unveil this new digital resource, discuss the importance of establishing business continuity and the critical components you need to have in place, and risks facing the Affordable Housing Sector.